Renewal is a revamp of the orignal Ragnarok Online game of course that includes:
- Skill changes.
- How stats effect your character.
- The amount of experience gained from monsters.
- The level limits.
- Some monster locations have also changed.
- Classes Expand more into 3rd classes.
As for the drop pentalties they have been removed from iro so you will not have to worry about them. But in the event that iro changes them they would work in the same way as above. The stats changed by a lot and with that all of the gear also was changed to fit the new defense and attack bonus's.
Strength (STR) *
- 1 stat point of STR increases status physical attack power by 1
- 1 stat point of STR increases weight limit by 30
- 1 stat point of AGI increases flee rate by 1
- 5 stat points of AGI increases status defense by 1
- Each stat point of AGI increases attack speed (ASPD) by a good amount
- 1 stat point of VIT increases Max HP by 1%
- 1 stat point of VIT increases recovery rate by 2%
- 2 stat points of VIT increases status defense by 1
- 5 stat points of VIT increases status magic defense by 1
- 1 stat point of INT increases status magic attack by 1.5
- 2 stat points of INT increases status magic defense by 1
- Each stat point of INT decreases variable cast time by about half the amount DEX does.
- 1 stat point of DEX increases hit rate by 1
- 5 stat points of DEX increases status magic defense by 1
- 5 stat points of DEX increases status magic attack by 1
- 5 stat points of DEX increases status physical attack power by 1
- Each stat pont of DEX increases attack speed (ASPD) by a very small amount
- Each stat point of DEX Decreases cast time by a decent amount
- 1 stat point of LUK increases CRIT by 0.3
- 3 stat points of LUK increases status physical attack power by 1
- 3 stat points of LUK increases status magical attack power by 1
- 3 stat points of LUK increases hit by 1
- 5 stat points of LUK increases flee by 1
- 10 stat points of LUK increases perfect dodge by 1
- 1 level increases HIT rate by 1
- 1 level increases FLEE rate by 1
- 2 levels increases status DEF by 1
- 4 levels increases status ATK by 1
- 4 levels increases status MATK by 1
- 4 levels increases status MDEF by 1
* While using Guns, Bows, Whips and Musical Instruments, the amount increased in physical attack power from DEX and STR are swapped, making DEX the primary damage stat.
As you can see from above there has been many changes with the stat points and how they affect a character. This also includes spells like for example heal which can now be effected by how much critical rate a character has and making there heal go over the normal amount of healing. How much the stat points cost per level is around the same from 1 to 99 but above level 99 the cost is much higher:
Weapon upgrade forumla's have changed as well as forumla's for attack speed. So the amount of skills that have been modified is a very large amount. Weapon's can now be upgraded over +10 now they can be upgraded to +20 the amount of attack power for each upgrade has also been changed. And how much defense someone can obtain has also been increased and now can go over the traditional amount of defense which was 100.
Skills also have had major changes done to them like global cooldown's and fixed cooldown's making it more similar to games like world of warcraft with how the skills work and not being able to spam them as quickly. Which still manages to keep the balance in player vs player situations since there are many skills which cause a lot of damage or cover a large area effect.
The monster spawn locations also faced big changes along with the change of how much experience is gained since the monster level is different for each area many monsters were moved from there current locations to fit the new leveling system. Ive included a picture of some of the new spawn locations.
The last major change was the addition of the 3rd classes these new classes are built based on the new renewal system so they are pretty balanced for the most part. Although if they were added to a pre renewal version of Ragnarok Online there would be over powered so they do not belong in the earlier versions of Ragnarok Online unless you like the imbalance they would bring since there damage would be over powered. In renewal they are properly balanced for player verses player and they are still working on improving them in what is known as the balancing patch.
Out of all of the new updates I feel that renewal is not as bad as most people thought it would be but it can still be polished yet like any game that releases something new. I was worried that it would cause major imbalance or that they would ruin the game like they did with Ragnarok Online 2: Legend Of The Second. But so far it seems that Ragnarok still will be the favorite out of all mmorpg's.